Saturday, August 21, 2010

One creepy feeling

This story comes sometime between 1998 to 2001. I'm leaning more towards 2001... I remember I was a teenager in high school:

My aunt was visiting our house from out of state, so to be nice, I let her sleep in my room (the "safe" room) while I slept in the sitting room. The room is at the front of the house, and there was a sofa that was right next to a very large open bay window.

Sometime during the night, I got up to get a drink and laid back down on the sofa. While I was up I felt a little strange, but I shrugged it off. As I was trying to get back to sleep, all of a sudden I *felt* a very strong presence outside of the window, right next to me. What I can only describe as chills that ran in loops from the top of my head to my feet and back again, like a bolt of electricity was running through my body. I kept my eyes closed, because I knew if I would have opened them there would have been a ghost standing right next to me from outside the window, looking in.

"Its only my mind, there is nothing there" I kept telling myself, yet this feeling kept washing over me. Chills-chills-chills! Then, I felt the presence float over me, inside the house, and then it stopped right next to me. The room suddenly got VERY cold, and my skin started to tingle along with the chills. "Please go away" I told whatever it was, which usually worked with spirits, but this one seemed to just LOOM over me, as if it was saying "what are YOU doing here?" It was there for what seemed like hours, and the feeling just kept getting more intense and I did not like the way this spirit felt. Very strong, very invasive, very very foreboding. So I decided to say the Lord's Prayer, not loud enough to wake up the house, but loud enough for it to hear me.

As I said the prayer the feelings intensified, until I got to the line "...and deliver us from Evil..." when the feeling suddenly peaked and then dissipated. As I said "Amen" the room suddenly went back to normal, the chills stopped, and the feeling of the spirit left the room. I laid there with my eyes closed for a while, still to scared to open my eyes and completely freaked out by what just happened.

I heard my dad's distinctive "bathroom shuffle" a time later, and as he was going back to his room I yelled up to him. "Dad? Is that you?"
"Yeah," he said "whats wrong?"
"Can you see if anyone is down here?"
He came downstairs and turned on the light, and there wasn't anyone (or anything) in the room. Only then did I open my eyes, and he told me I looked really pale (more than normal) and completely freaked out. He asked what was wrong and I just told him that I felt something bad in the room. He assured me that everything was fine, but I ended up sleeping elsewhere that night nonetheless.

Never before or since have I ever felt that feeling or been in the presence of something like that spirit. I'm hoping it was just a visiting spirit, or just a curious one, but no one has dared sleep by that window again. I regret being too scare to open my eyes, but if I did, who knows what I would have seen. Probably something that would still be giving me nightmares...

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hm...This is so interested. I read your blog with great interest . I'd want to see that dads home on photo! Really want (:
    Can you show me it?

    ReplyDelete